Here are some updates from the Massachusetts Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence, & our local group, HUGS.
Please remember to SAVE THE DATE: Dec. 14, 7-9PM, Topsfield Congregational Church. A screening of the film NEWTOWN, to honor those lost at Sandy Hook. Hope to see you there!
Concealed Carry Bill in Congress now! This update from Mom’s Demand Action & what you can do RIGHT NOW!
If you haven’t already, please co-sign the letter to support for Rep. Marjorie Decker from Cambridge.
Add your support to the Thunderclap to publicize gun violence prevention vigils in remembrance of Sandy Hook.
And finally, information from the Massachusetts Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence – important contact info & where each member of the Joint Committee stands regarding current gun legislation. We need to keep our gun laws intact! Stay informed everyone!!
Joint Public Safety & Homeland Security Cmte Member Profiles The 6 Senators are on the first tab, and the 13 Reps are on the second. Columns include:
- Contact info.
- District location – plus extra column showing if inside I-495
- Gun Owners’ Action League (GOAL) rating.
- Silencer bill sponsorship.
- Silencer manufacturer in district.
- 2014 committee vote on sweeping gun bill.
- 2014 Senate vote to strip police discretion on long gun permits.
- 2016 co-signer of letter(s) to AG Healey questioning Mass assault weapon ban enforcement.